Author Topic: Running on DesignSafe  (Read 7274 times)

azing

• View Profile
Running on DesignSafe
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:11:18 AM »
Hi,

When I try to run a WE-UQ simulation on DesignSafe, the status of the simulation doesn't go any further than "STAGING_INPUTS". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I login, and then hit "run at DesignSafe". I'm just running a very small test model.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Running on DesignSafe
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 04:26:08 AM »
you can check your job status by also login in to the designSafe portal, .. from top menu open the workspace pull down menu and select Tools and Applications.

over on the right side you should see a "Job Status" .. click on it and check the status of the job.

if same as what tool is showing, head over to the TACC portal

https://portal.tacc.utexas.edu/

& check on status of Stampede2 (as coming near the end of the month, the machines can be swamped with jobs as users allocations are expriring and they are trying to run jobs.

if different something is going on. reply in this thread and I will see if I can track down the issue

azing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:51:45 AM »
Thank you, that's great. When I logged into the DesignSafe portal, it shows the status of the job as "finished".

It turns out the simulation was actually finished, but the status of the job in the job list window in WE-UQ was just not updated. I just closed and opened the window again to see the updated status.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 04:45:09 AM »
sorry about the confusion .. we are adding a feature to explain that to the user in that GetFRomDesignSafe windows .. it will appear in next release.

azing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 06:07:52 AM »
Just wondering how many nodes and processors is ok to use when running on DesignSafe? I think I remember 64 processors per node from a WE-UQ video tutorial. But I don't remember how many nodes we can use.   

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 06:28:18 PM »
the queue it defaults to is set up for maxNodes = 256

AlbertaHolloway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 02:38:12 AM »
Hi, if your WE-UQ simulation on DesignSafe is stuck in the "STAGING_INPUTS" state and is not progressing further, there could be a few potential reasons for this problem. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:
     Check your input files: Make sure that all input files needed for your simulation are uploaded correctly and are accessible. Make sure that the file path specified in your simulation configuration is correct.
     Review simulation settings: Double-check the simulation settings you provided, including any parameters or options specific to your WE-UQ simulation. Make sure you have selected the right options and configured the simulation correctly.
     Resource availability: Depending on the current workload and available resources, it's possible that there may be delays in job scheduling and resource allocation. You can check the DesignSafe system status or contact their support team to verify if there are any known issues or delays.
     Contact DesignSafe support: If the issue persists or you're uncertain support about the specific problem, it's recommended to reach out to the DesignSafe team for assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on your simulation setup and help troubleshoot any issues you may be encountering.
Remember to provide as much detail as possible when reaching out to the support team, including the specific steps you have taken, any error messages received, and any relevant configuration details. This will help them better understand and address the issue.
I hope this helps and I wish you success in solving the problem with your WE-UQ simulation on DesignSafe.
Modtodays is a rich and diverse game app download platform. Here you can discover and download fun and exciting game apps on your mobile phone.