Author Topic: Where are the building images saved?  (Read 4564 times)

jsaw

• View Profile
Where are the building images saved?
« on: April 05, 2021, 01:44:16 AM »
Is there a way for me to save the building images (satellite, street view) that BRAILS uses to create its building inventory? Put in another way, where can I locate the images that correspond to each row in the BIM file? Thank you!

charles

• View Profile
Re: Where are the building images saved?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 02:29:14 AM »
The images are saved in the working directory, you can specify it like this : workDir='path/to/my/dir'

By default the working directory is 'tmp' under the folder where you execute the code.
see
https://nheri-simcenter.github.io/BRAILS-Documentation/common/user_manual/workflow.html

Go to the working directory, -> images
you have StreetView and TopView folders.
The image's name indicates its location, for example: StreetViewx-93.163776x30.227985.png
which follows the pattern: StreetViewx[Longitude]x[Latitude].png
The longitude and Latitude is the centroid of its polygon, which you can find in the generated result file.

shutquiver

• View Profile
    • dordle
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 04:41:55 AM »
If there is more than one example on the page, please provide the link and specify which one you are referring to.

bacetiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 09:46:33 PM »
There has been a slight change in the way BRAILS stores building imagery. It now saves street-level and aerial imagery in your working directory in the tmp/images/street and tmp/images/satellite folders, respectively.

I hope this helps!