Author Topic: Feature Request: incorporation of tsunami fragility functions  (Read 5788 times)

emongold

• View Profile
Feature Request: incorporation of tsunami fragility functions
« on: September 26, 2021, 10:50:13 PM »
I would like to be able to run a regional simulation for tsunami hazard with normal and lognormal fragility functions for 3 damage states and depth as the input intensity measure.

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request: incorporation of tsunami fragility functions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 06:02:28 PM »
Hi Emily,

That is certainly possible. I will let you know the ETA for this functionality after our next developer meeting and I might come back with some questions.

Best,
Steve

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:55:57 PM »
Hi Emily,

We can implement a new widget in R2D where you will be able to provide a path to a folder containing your custom fragility functions. The fragility functions should be defined in the .json format (an example is attached). Can you provide me with an example fragility function so we have an idea of what your exact requirements are?

In the next step, you will need to map your fragility functions to your building inventory using a custom auto-populate script (example of an auto-populate script is attached from Example 7 - Hurricane wind and water).

For the hazard, you can provide the water depths in a grid. As an example, please see the file EventGrid.csv in the folder IMs from Example 7 - Hurricane wind and water. In the next release, R2D will support the import of hazards as raster files.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I am happy to help.

Best,
Steve

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 11:22:14 PM »
Hi Emily,

Reaching out to see if we can help with this feature request. If you can provide us with example fragility function(s), we will be happy to help get things going.

Steve

emongold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 05:43:09 PM »
Hi Steve,
Sorry for the late reply- I did not see these until now. I do not have the fragility curves in the right format, but here is a .csv with the parameters. All units are in meters for the IM depth. I don't see the attachment for the .json format.
Thanks,
Emily

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 05:51:00 PM »
Hi Emily,

Thank you for the .csv file with the curve parameters. I will look it over with the team and have these implemented. I will keep you updated.

Please note that you have to be logged in to see the attachments, they should appear as separate links at the bottom of the post.

Best,
Steve

emongold

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 01:04:30 AM »
Steve,
Thank you- I see the attachments now. I am wondering for the event grid if it needs to point to .csv files, or if there is only one IM, can the first column be that value?
Emily

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 09:09:25 PM »
Hi Emily,

The event grid file does need to reference individual grid point .csv files (GP_file). This is so that there can be multiple IM values and also more than one type of IM given at each grid point.

You can take a look at the nearest neighbour algorithm (line 137 onwards) for more information on how these files are used: (https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/SimCenterBackendApplications/blob/master/modules/performRegionalMapping/NearestNeighborEvents/NNE.py)

Best,
Steve