Author Topic: Regarding help in OpenSees tcl file for a bridge model  (Read 4544 times)

fadi932

• View Profile
Regarding help in OpenSees tcl file for a bridge model
« on: April 21, 2022, 06:32:58 PM »
Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope everything is going well for you. I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Texas at Arlington, and I plan to use Hydro-UQ to research hydrodynamic loading on bridges in extreme weather scenarios. In this case, I was attempting to construct an OpenSees model for a bridge to use Hydro-UQ, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could assist me in creating the OpenSees tcl file. I have already emailed Dr. Ajay with all of the details of my research and am in contact with him.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Pervaiz, Fahad

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding help in OpenSees tcl file for a bridge model
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 02:10:51 PM »
Farhad,

Ajay, as you probably know from his email and online meetings with you on the matter, has just forwarded me the details and I have promised him something by end of weekend. I am using this space as I don't have your direct email just to confirm: (a) that you are not looking for a 3d continuum finite element model and are content with a simple beam model and that (b) you are interested in the following outputs from the model:
(1)Maximum vertical and transverse displacement and (2)Peak acceleration in time history of the deck given that the loads will be coming from an CFD simulation.

thanks
frank

p.s. I might need some additional details. I have some images from Ajay on the deck, but specific details may be missing. Is it ok to conatact you with email you signed up to forum with?