Author Topic: Error in Testing WE-UQ  (Read 4045 times)

fmnav

• View Profile
Error in Testing WE-UQ
« on: December 06, 2023, 03:47:19 PM »
Hi,

I am facing an error when I want to test the WE-UQ application based on the provided instructions. I successfully installed the application and the corresponding tests are implemented according to the first attachment.
However, I encounter the following error (which is also attached) after running the application for the simple example provided in the documentation:

No dakota.err file - Dakota did not run - problem with the setup or the applications failed with inputs provided

Can any one help me with this?

abiy

• View Profile
Re: Error in Testing WE-UQ
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 12:23:30 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for raising this issue. Can you provide more information on which example you tried running? It would be great if you start testing your installation with the first example - "9-Story Building Sampling".

In the meantime, can you also provide the screenshot of the File->Preferences dialog window to debug better? 

Best,
Abiy

fmnav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 03:08:33 AM »
Hello Abiy,

Many thanks for your response. I wanted to run the quick test in page 13 of the help document (which is attached). I have also included the Preferences dialog window as you requested.
I appreciate your help.

Best,
Foe

fmnav

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 07:33:22 PM »
I just changed my Python version to 3.7 and the problem resolved. I successfully tested the first 4 examples, but I faced a problem in the 5th one, Digital Wind Tunnel II: Wind Loads on Isolated Building with Simple Geometry. The problem arises when I wanted to run the final mesh. I get this error:

From function virtual Foam::autoPtr<Foam::ISstream> Foam::fileOperations::uncollatedFileOperation::readStream(Foam::regIOobject&, const Foam::fileName&, const Foam::word&, bool) const
    in file global/fileOperations/uncollatedFileOperation/uncollatedFileOperation.C at line 539.

FOAM exiting

Moreover, the view window is totally dark despite the documentation. I have attached a screenshot of the application.

How can these issues be resolved?

Many thanks.

abiy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 05:34:20 AM »
Hello,

It's good to know that changing the Python version solved the problem.

Can you please post the path in the "Start" tab of the event section? If your path has an empty space character, it's incompatible with the backend Linux environment that runs OpenFOAM. So, we recommend updating the working directory to a path without a space character.   

The reason you see the black window on the left is that the background mesh generation did not proceed as expected.

Can you also clarify which version of WE-UQ you are running? V 3.1(current) or older version.

Best,
Abiy

fmnav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 04:09:09 PM »
Hi,

Here is the path in my "Sart" tab:
C:/SimCenter/WE-UQ/IsolatedBuildingTest

And the version is 3.1.0.

As I attached the figure, I still have the problem with the meshing.

abiy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 04:12:14 AM »
Hello,

I am working on this issue and will get back to you once the issue is solved.

In the mean time, in File->Preferences dialog point the BackendApplication path to "applications" folder in the downloaded WE-UQ folder and try.

Best,
Abiy 

fmnav

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 12:22:38 AM »
Hi,

The BackendApplication path is set to "applications" folder in the downloaded WE-UQ folder. However, I still cannot proceed with the meshing. Is this a bug in the software?

abiy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 10:00:12 PM »
Hello,

We have recently updated the WE-UQ to V3.1.1, addressing some bugs. Can you now check with:

1. Download the latest version from https://simcenter.designsafe-ci.org/research-tools/we-uq/
2. Open WE-UQ, and in the File -> Preference, reset the paths by clicking "Reset" at the bottom.
3. Clean your working directory path from previous simulations.
4. Then run the background mesh and check if everything works.

If this doesn't seem to fix the issue, we can schedule a zoom meeting and take a closer look

Best
Abiy