Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Uncertainty Quantification (quoFEM) / Re: Parallel execution on a Windows HPC
« Last post by rsam1993 on November 12, 2023, 01:26:18 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for teh update. I believe I should be still able to use the interface and call all the 128 cores, so the sampling and opensees analyses will be done and then using those results, I should be able to calculate the mean, standard deviation and other outputs separately.

But, hopefully, this issue can be fixed at some point.
« Last post by Sang-ri on November 12, 2023, 01:21:35 AM »
Thank you so much for revisiting the previous tests! The test was immensely helpful as it clarified that the limitation comes from the UQ engine rather than the interface.

I apologize for the late reply - I was out of the office last week. In the meantime, our team made some effort to find a workaround, but unfortunately, we could not find an immediate solution, especially without being able to reproduce the error. Also, the source of issue is related to the internal function of Dakota program, which is slightly beyond SimCenter's development focus. It seems like we cannot provide a solution at this point.

However, we will keep you posted in case of further updates.

Thanks again,
Sang-ri
Regional Hazard Simulation (R2D, rWhale) / Re: Error in running examples
« Last post by jyzhao on November 09, 2023, 10:12:02 PM »
Hi,

I apologize that there is an error when releasing the latest R2D pre-release, and the earthquake scenario simulation tool is down. Please keep an eye on the updating of the R2D pre-release, and we expect this error to be fixed in a couple of days.

Very sorry about the error and delay this may cause.

Best,

Jinyan
Regional Hazard Simulation (R2D, rWhale) / Re: Error in running examples
« Last post by M.R on November 08, 2023, 11:32:03 AM »
Hi Jyzhao, Would you please guide me on what is this error: < An error occurred in the Hazard Simulation script, the exit code is 1 >
When I want to use the tools ---->Earthquake Scenario Simulation
Setting: Earthquake = keeping Default  / Sites = Grid of Locations, Define Grid on map / Record Selection = Keeping Default

Thanks
Damage & Loss (PELICUN) / Re: Consequence functions
« Last post by navid on November 08, 2023, 04:45:18 AM »
Hello Adam,

I'd like to express my gratitude for the recent release of the functional recovery simulation in the PBE application. I'm curious to know whether it is possible to perform function recovery within PELICUN.

Thank you,
Nav
« Last post by rsam1993 on November 01, 2023, 02:32:35 AM »
I have bad news,

I ran Dakota through the command prompt as you taught me before with 128 samples. During the analysis, the CPU is 100% occupied but I get an empty dakotaTab.out at the end, and the same error in the terminal (please see the attached screenshot). But there is no dakota.err file in the directory.
« Last post by rsam1993 on October 31, 2023, 11:34:58 PM »
Honestly I do not remember if the dakotaTab.out was properly created when we did everything manually. Let me try it again and keep you posted.
Hi Atish,

For the second question, I believe the overfitting is a general limitation of GP for high-dimensional inputs (rather than a limitation in specific toolboxes/packages), and its effect is highly problem-specific.

You could always try running quoFEM, because once the data files are prepared to run the sensitivity analysis, the same files can be easily used for surrogate model training. The cross-validation results are provided as an output to help you understand how well the surrogate model is trained.

quoFEM provides easy access to UQ beginners as we put some recommended setups by default, but if you would like to have more control of the surrogate training algorithm by directly working on python/matlab toolboxes, "GPy" is the Python package that quoFEM utilizes for GP training. Additionally, "UQpy" (python) and "UQlab" (matlab) are some of the well-established and maintained UQ packages that have surrogate training modules.

Best,
Sang-ri
« Last post by Sang-ri on October 31, 2023, 11:01:13 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the file. We are still struggling to identify the issue. From my understanding, the automated process of overwriting the evaluation_concurrency value is exactly the same as the process we tried manually, as shown below.

Hi,

Thank you for the info. We think this number should be 128 instead of 64. While we figure out the solution, can you try the following workaround and let us know if this makes CPU occupied 100%?

1. Modify the number after "asynchronous evaluation_concurrency" in dakota.in from 64 to 128
2. Remove all files and folders in the local working directory except for "dakota.in" and "templatedir"
3. Find the path of the Dakota executable from the preference window of quoFEM. Let us denote this {dakota path}
4. Open the command prompt, cd into the folder where dakota.in is located, and type "{dakota path} dakota.in" (without the quotation marks)

It will run the forward propagation analysis, and the results will be shown in dakotaTab.out.

Thank you,
Sang-ri

Regarding this, is it possible that when we manually tried, dakotaTab.out file was not properly created even though the CPU was occupied 100%? Sorry, I should have asked this earlier.

If unsure, please just let me know. We will continue investigating the issue on our side.

Thanks,
Sang-ri

« Last post by rsam1993 on October 31, 2023, 01:40:34 AM »
Thank you for your prompt response,

Yes, dakotaTab.out is created, but the results are not there. It seems to me that the dakota.out file is not completely generated by QuoFEM. I am attaching all the files you mentioned so you can check them all and see where this issue comes from.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]