Research in Natural Hazards Engineering > Uncertainty Quantification (quoFEM)

Parallel execution on a Windows HPC

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sang-ri:
Hi,

I apologize that I missed one important step. It is not running because the commands "python" and "opensees" are not recognized.

There are two choices:

(1)
You can add to the Windows "PATH environment variable" the two directories where Python and OpenSees executables are located [the directories can be found in the quoFEM preference]. Here is an example of how to add to the PATH variable. Please note that these paths should end at the folder level ("bin") and should not include the executable name.

(2)
An alternative is to find "workflow_driver1.bat" and "driver.bat" created inside "templatedir", open it with a text editor, and replace the commands "python" and "opensees" to {python path} and {opensees path}, similarly to what we did for Dakota.

Please let me know if something is unclear. Thanks!

Sang-ri

rsam1993:
Hi Sang-ri,

I did the second approach but I am still getting the same error, which means I am doing something wrong.

Here is the modified "workflow_driver1.bat" and "driver.bat" after I replaced the commands "python" and "opensees" to {python path} and {opensees path}. Let me know if there is anything wrong here, please.

workflow_driver1.bat:

C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download/applications/python writeParam.py paramsDakota.in params.in
call ./driver.bat

driver.bat:

"C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download/applications/performUQ/templateSub/simCenterSub.exe" params.in SimCenterInput.RV SimCenterInput.tcl
C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download\applications\opensees\bin SimCenterInput.tcl 1> ops.out 2>&1

Sang-ri:
Can you change "C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download\applications\opensees\bin" to "C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download\applications\opensees\bin\OpenSees" and see if it works?

rsam1993:
I applied that change and still getting this error. Seems python cannot be called or found.

C:\Users\rsamtaslimi\Documents\quoFEM\LocalWorkDir\tmp.SimCenter\workdir.128>C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download/applications/python writeParam.py paramsDakota.in params.in
'C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download/applications/python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\rsamtaslimi\Documents\quoFEM\LocalWorkDir\tmp.SimCenter\workdir.128>call ./driver.bat

C:\Users\rsamtaslimi\Documents\quoFEM\LocalWorkDir\tmp.SimCenter\workdir.128>"C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download/applications/performUQ/templateSub/simCenterSub.exe" params.in SimCenterInput.RV SimCenterInput.tcl

C:\Users\rsamtaslimi\Documents\quoFEM\LocalWorkDir\tmp.SimCenter>ERROR: simCenterDprepro could not open: params.in

C:\Users\rsamtaslimi\Documents\quoFEM\LocalWorkDir\tmp.SimCenter\workdir.128>C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download\applications\opensees\bin\OpenSees SimCenterInput.tcl  1>ops.out 2>&1

Sang-ri:
I see, {python path} should also be "C:/quoFEM_Windows_Download/applications/python/python". Sorry for the confusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version