Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - adamzs

Pages: [1]
I am posting a discussion I had in email with Vaafoulay K., with their permission, to preserve it for others to see.

Vaafoulay: Can I obtain the +1 standard deviation costs and downtime directly from the DL summary files?

Adam: If you are interested in the mean+1 standard deviation, I suggest looking at another file, the DL_summary_stats.csv. That file provides statistics on the main outputs, including repair cost and repair time. If you take the value in the mean row and add the value in the std row, you'll get the mean + 1 standard deviation result.

Now, you might want to look at some statistics that are not included in that file. For example, it is quite common to assume that the distribution of the results is lognormal and we are interested in the median + 1 log standard deviation. Such results are not provided in the stats file, so you'd have to calculate them using the sample in the DL_summary.csv.  So, you'd open the DL summary file, take the column of interest (e.g., reconstruction/cost) and use an app of your choice (e.g., Excel, Matlab, Python scripts) to calculate the desired statistic based on the available realizations.

Performance Based Engineering (PBE) / PBE Exporting Components
« on: April 30, 2022, 01:03:48 AM »
I am posting a discussion I had in email with Henry F., with his permission, to preserve it for others to see.

Henry: I need some help with PBE. Under my damage and loss assessment tab, for the components, when I try to save the model to CSV to edit easily, it just gives me a ".file". When I open it in excel, it looks like its just a basic text file, see screenshot below. Is there a fix for this?

Adam: I am almost sure this is because you did not provide a filename that has .csv in it. For example: "components.csv". PBE saves the file properly even without the csv extension, but Excel cannot recognize it. Please try again and provide such a filename.

Henry: I see what you mean. I added .csv to the file name and it can read it correctly in excel.

I am relaying a feature request from a researcher at Stanford:

They are using R2D to run IM-based risk assessment and they would appreciate if they could generate more than 99 fields using R2D. Currently, they cannot put in a larger number under "Number of ground motions per site" in the HAZ tab. Would it be possible to remove that constraint?

bug report from Stanford's CEE 296 class:

When running MDOF-LU and OpenSees response simulation with 1D ground motion input (i.e., the data_y field is removed from the event file), OpenSees returns incorrect EDPs. Looking at the example.tcl file, the error seems to stem from a second timeSeries being assigned to the acceleration recorder even though there is only one timeSeries present in the analysis.

A quick workaround: Use data_y: [0.0, 0.0] in the event file.

This bug was fixed in rWHALE released as part of v2.3.0 of SimCenterBackendApplications

To find the detailed data go to File->Preferences and check the location of the Local Jobs Directory. Go to that directory and you will find a tmp.SimCenter folder. All detailed data files are within that folder.

When loading EDP values from CSV files, you might experience issues on Macs if the files were originally prepared on Windows (and probably vice versa). The reason behind this is that the two operating systems use different line endings.

The solution is quite simple:
Open the EDP data file in Excel and save it without changing anything in it. This will fix the line endings and should make the analysis work fine.

Performance Based Engineering (PBE) / Missing or incomplete Tooltips
« on: March 05, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
Please let us know in this topic where you would find more tooltips useful and which tooltips should we extend with more information

Pages: [1]