Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - azing

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Wind Engineering (WE-UQ) / recorders not generated
« on: March 30, 2021, 07:37:07 AM »

I am using OpenSees model of the 20-story SAC building in 2D as an input for WE-UQ. The model has a lot of elements and nodes, so I used the "user defined" option in the EDP section. If I use the "standard wind" option, Dakota will give me an error saying that "expected function values are not equal to the values found".

When using the user defined option, I modify the "recorder" and the "postprocess" files found on the website for the 9-story SAC building to just give me the results for the displacement at some node at roof level of the building. But no matter how I change the recorder and postprocess files, when I run the program, no disp.out files are generated for me in the work directories. Accordingly, I get zero and NAN values for the forward propagation analysis results. Could there be another reason for the zero and NAN results? I am using a stochastic wind event.

This is what I have in the recorder file:
recorder EnvelopeNode -file disp.out -node 1123  -dof 1  disp

This is what I have in the postprocess file:
set dispIn [open disp.out r]
while { [gets $dispIn data] >= 0 } {
     set maxDisp $data

# create file handler to write results to output & list into which we will put results
set resultFile [open results.out w]
set results []

foreach edp $listQoI {
    set splitEDP [split $edp "_"]   
    set response [lindex $splitEDP 0]
    set tag [lindex $splitEDP 1]
    set dof [lindex $splitEDP 2]
    if {$response == "Disp"} {
   set nodeDisp [lindex $maxDisp 0]
   lappend results $nodeDisp
    } else {
   lappend results 0.0

# send results to output file & close the file
puts $resultFile $results
close $resultFile

General Questions / Re: Running on DesignSafe
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:51:45 AM »
Thank you, that's great. When I logged into the DesignSafe portal, it shows the status of the job as "finished".

It turns out the simulation was actually finished, but the status of the job in the job list window in WE-UQ was just not updated. I just closed and opened the window again to see the updated status.

General Questions / Running on DesignSafe
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:11:18 AM »

When I try to run a WE-UQ simulation on DesignSafe, the status of the simulation doesn't go any further than "STAGING_INPUTS". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I login, and then hit "run at DesignSafe". I'm just running a very small test model.

Pages: 1 2 [3]