Author Topic: New DMG run errors  (Read 5360 times)

sg

• View Profile
New DMG run errors
« on: March 12, 2021, 04:16:41 AM »
I downloaded the latest DMG, placed it in my ~/Applications folder and tried to run it.  It seems to through some type of python error.  Here is the program output:
Code: [Select]
Loading example E2 - MDOF Building Response

This example uses ground motions from the 2018 earthquake in Anchorage, AK, to characterize the response of buildings with an idealized MDOF building model through story-level Engineering Demand Parameters (EDP). Exploiting the refinement in EDPs, a HAZUS-based story-level assessment is employed to evaluate the performance of 10 buildings. 

Loading Example file. Wait till Done Loading appears before progressing.

Done loading. Click on the 'RUN' button to run an analysis.

Setting up temporary directory.

Gathering files to local workdir.

Setup done. Now starting application.

Starting the anlysis. This may take awhile!

An error occurred in the Python script, the exit code is 1

Analysis complete with errors

sg

• View Profile
Re: New DMG run errors
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 04:17:33 AM »
Same error with all the other examples.

It would also be good to leave the Output log window up permanently and not just for 2 seconds when an error occurs.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:22:03 AM by sg »

sg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 10:47:43 PM »
I change the default python path in the Preferences pane to /usr/local/Cellar/python@3.8/3.8.6_1/bin
and I was able to run example 1.  Presumably this fixes the other examples.  It would be good to update
the error message in the output window if the python version number is incorrect from 'exit code is 1' to something
indicating that the use needs to provide a path to a compatible version of python.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 05:06:29 AM »
we will update to check python exists and check that the modules needed are there. jira entered.