General > General Questions

Running on DesignSafe

(1/2) > >>

azing:
Hi,

When I try to run a WE-UQ simulation on DesignSafe, the status of the simulation doesn't go any further than "STAGING_INPUTS". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I login, and then hit "run at DesignSafe". I'm just running a very small test model.

fmk:
you can check your job status by also login in to the designSafe portal, .. from top menu open the workspace pull down menu and select Tools and Applications.

over on the right side you should see a "Job Status" .. click on it and check the status of the job.

if same as what tool is showing, head over to the TACC portal

https://portal.tacc.utexas.edu/

& check on status of Stampede2 (as coming near the end of the month, the machines can be swamped with jobs as users allocations are expriring and they are trying to run jobs.

if different something is going on. reply in this thread and I will see if I can track down the issue

azing:
Thank you, that's great. When I logged into the DesignSafe portal, it shows the status of the job as "finished".

It turns out the simulation was actually finished, but the status of the job in the job list window in WE-UQ was just not updated. I just closed and opened the window again to see the updated status.

fmk:
sorry about the confusion .. we are adding a feature to explain that to the user in that GetFRomDesignSafe windows .. it will appear in next release.

azing:
Just wondering how many nodes and processors is ok to use when running on DesignSafe? I think I remember 64 processors per node from a WE-UQ video tutorial. But I don't remember how many nodes we can use.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version