Author Topic: Question about the ground motion selection of EEUQ software  (Read 5296 times)

qiyangluo

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I have a question about the ground motion record in EEUQ software.
Can we choose our own ground motion record from our local machine as the event in the EVT tab, not NGA or PEER ground motion record?

Thank you.
Qiyang

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the ground motion selection of EEUQ software
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 05:18:51 PM »
yes you can .. it just has to be in a SimCenterEvent or NGA format to be read by the application

qiyangluo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 02:09:52 AM »
Hi, Frank,

Thank you for your quick response. I have a question about how to translate the text or CSV file to the AT2 file.
I chose "Multiple PEER" of "Load Generator", then import the ground motion time series with txt format. Then the program cannot run successfully.
The example of "4.1 Shear Building: Sampling, Reliability, and Sensitivity", used the AT2 file as the format of ground motion. I checked online, but still not find the method to transfer text to AT2.
Could you give me some suggestions?

Thank you.
Qiyang

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 09:42:25 PM »
the only suggestion i have is to look at the format of the .AT2 file (assuming that is format you wish to use) .. here is an example from one of our examples .. https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/EE-UQ/blob/master/Examples/eeuq-0002/src/elCentro.AT2 .. You simply have to replicate that which should be pretty simple to do in python, i.e. write a python script that will open and read the contents of a csv file and then write data to another file.

• The file will have 3 lines of text describing were record came from:
    simple enough to replicate just write out 3 lines with BLAH on each

• then a line:

NPTS= 1559, DT= 0.02 SEC

again simple, just get case and #points correct (if put points in a list as you read in just length of list)

• finally what follows that are the points, just loop over list writing  the contents of list to a file.

i suggest you attempt this yourself. If stuck I can post something. But do try as basic programming with python is useful for any engineer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:44:30 PM by fmk »