Author Topic: AutoSDA's default .tcl file  (Read 5436 times)

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
AutoSDA's default .tcl file
« on: September 16, 2021, 10:12:28 PM »
Thanks to Kuanshi and Adam for fixing the way the edps are extracted in AutoSDA! Two additional items to note:

1) The AutoSDA example's .tcl file can have convergence issues. Kuanshi gave me a new .tcl file with [test NormDispIncr 1.0e-3 50] instead of 1.0e-6, which works well. Please update this in the AutoSDA example as well.

2) Ideally, the .tcl file would be stored somewhere other than the AutoSDA example folder, as the current location implies that it is unique to the example. If this could be stored in a more standard location, it would be more intuitive for users who want to start with the example but then modify it for their own application.

Thanks,
Anne

kuanshi

• View Profile
Re: AutoSDA's default .tcl file
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 06:12:37 PM »
Hi Anne,

The test tolerance is updated in the example folder for the AutoSDA example (https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/EE-UQ/pull/83).  Also, thank you so much for the feedback of the place of the OpenSees solver tcl file!  I fully agree with you that these tcl files included in /Examples folder are more geared to individual examples themselves - as it would be difficult to have a universal solver working perfectly for all different models and simulations... And in the EE-UQ, it is flexible for users to modify or use different analysis scripts for their own application by browsing "Analysis Script" in the FEM panel: https://nheri-simcenter.github.io/EE-UQ-Documentation/common/user_manual/usage/desktop/FEM.html.

Thanks,
Kuanshi

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 09:04:19 PM »
Hi Kuanshi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am now a little confused - I can use the same .tcl file anytime I use the AutoSDA application, right? i.e., if I increase the number of stories or add more bays as compared to the example, the same .tcl file will still work?

Thanks,
Anne

kuanshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 09:07:37 PM »
Sorry about the confusion!  Yes, it could be used for running OpenSees models created by the AutoSDA module.

Kuanshi

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 09:22:23 PM »
Great, thanks for confirming. Given that fact, I think it would be more intuitive if the .tcl file for any AutoSDA analysis were stored in and automatically called from C:\SimCenter\EE-UQ\EE-UQ\applications\createSAM\AutoSDA

However, I realize that this might be harder to implement than the current solution of auto-loading the file as part of the example folder. An alternative would be to include a note in the AutoSDA documentation, saying that the relevant .tcl file for any AutoSDA analysis can be found in the example folder.

Thanks,
Anne