Author Topic: retrieving tmp files from DesignSafe  (Read 4316 times)

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
retrieving tmp files from DesignSafe
« on: October 01, 2021, 12:42:32 AM »
Hello,

When I run AutoSDA locally, I save the entire tmp.SimCenter folder so that I can retrieve the geometry, loading, periods, etc. Is it possible to retrieve this whole folder when running it on DesignSafe?

Also, I got an error when retrieving my results. Do you recognize the error: Error Running Dakota: -- Expected 14 function value(s) but found 5?

Thanks,
Anne

kuanshi

• View Profile
Re: retrieving tmp files from DesignSafe
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 06:49:08 PM »
Thanks for reporting this bug. The run failed by missing input csv files and a pandas package issue in the AutoSDA on stampede.  We were able to fix it this morning, and Frank has submitted a new release request for EE-UQ hopefully would get through DesignSafe today and be available for you to download and run.  We could also add you to access the corrected backend application right now, so please let us know if this is needed.

Also for downloading the tmp.SimCenter folder (it could be troublesome if the output size gets large...).  The geometry, loading csv files could be saved locally by the "Choose" and "Save File" buttons in the "Building Data File", and we can discuss to add option to download the periods.out file (?) if needed. 

In the meantime, DesignSafe actually offers the full access to the entire job folder via the "Workspace":
0. logging into the DesignSafe account
1. selecting "Tools & Applications" under "Workspace" (tool_&_app.png)
2. clicking the "Jobs Status" bar on the right to extend the job list (jobs_status.png)
3. clicking on "More info" button of a completed job and clicking "View" (view_more_info.png)
4. arriving at the page with the "tmp.SimCenter..." folder (tmpSimCenter.png)

This gives flexibility to browse, preview, and download individual files that is interested and needed. Please feel free to check out and get us back!

Best,
Kuanshi

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 07:55:37 PM »
Excellent, thanks! Yes, an option to include the periods.out file would be great. I currently also use the response.csv file but if the new EE-UQ release includes a corrected Save Data button (such that the output includes record identifiers) then I would have everything I need.

kuanshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 09:46:23 PM »
Hi All,

The Save Data button is updated in the recent release, please feel free to download and test it via https://www.designsafe-ci.org/data/browser/public/designsafe.storage.community//SimCenter/Software/EE_UQ.  And yes, the periods.out will be available in the planned release on December.

Best,
Kuanshi