Author Topic: record max base shear for AutoSDA  (Read 4292 times)

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
record max base shear for AutoSDA
« on: October 07, 2021, 09:03:44 PM »
Hello,

I want to check whether each AutoSDA gm causes yield in the building. (I am using it to cross-check the Taghavi-Miranda modal approximation, which is limited to linear responses.) The best way I can think of is to compare the max base shear to the pushover curve. Is it possible to include max base shear as an output?

Thanks,
Anne

kuanshi

• View Profile
Re: record max base shear for AutoSDA
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 06:22:03 AM »
Hi Anne,

The shear could be recorded by using the "User Defined" option in the EDP panel.  I've attached two tcl scripts for getting story shear values (along with other EDPs in the "Standard Earthquake" option).  "MyRecorder.tcl" helps to create recorders in OpenSees and "MyPostprocess.tcl" helps to prepare a results.out file for dakota to parse the output.  Since the number of story and number of bays are specified by users, so please also modify "num_story" and "num_bay" in these two tcl scripts accordingly.  In addition to load these two scripts, EDP names are also needed by adding them via the "Add" button in the EDP panel.  Please see the attached "user-defined-edp.png" where EDP names follow the format: 1-EDP-story-direction (e.g., first story shear in X direction: 1-V-1-1).  Please feel free to download and test them.

Regards,
Kuanshi

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
Re: record max base shear for AutoSDA
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 07:28:03 PM »
Thanks, Kuanshi, this worked perfectly! I really appreciate the effort and the scripts were also helpful for learning a little more about working with OpenSees (I am still new to it).