Author Topic: QUESTION: How to deal with an error occurred while running the Hazard Simulation  (Read 3496 times)

alfred

• View Profile
Hi,

When I used the "Run Hazard Simulation" function in HAZ module (Hazard Seletion was set to Earthquake Scenario Simulation) in R2D, I encountered an error: "An error occurred in the Hazard Simulation script, the exit code is 1".

This error popped up after the JPype1, tqdm and psutil had been installed. The screenshot of this error is attached.

Can you give me some advises about that? I'm really appreciate your kind help!

kuanshi

• View Profile
Hi alfred,

Thanks for sharing the snapshot of the error message and reaching out to us for the running issue.  It seems the hazard simulation job is not launched correctly. One possible cause is cannot load java, so it might be helpful if you could check if java is installed on the computer (https://nheri-simcenter.github.io/R2D-Documentation/common/user_manual/installation/desktop/install_Windows.html#install-java), as it is needed for invoking OpenSHA jar library.  In the meantime, it would be appreciated if you'd like to share the sample input folder with us, so we could help to replicate and debug the problem.  The input folder "HazardSimulation/GroundMotions/Input" is under the "Local Jobs Directory" which could be found by clicking "File"->"Preference"->"Local Jobs Directory" (as highlighted in the attached snapshot).

Best,
Kuanshi

alfred

• View Profile
Hi kuanshi,

I am really appreciate for your kind reply. I followed your instruction and installed the java. It works now!

Thank you very much!

Sincerely yours,
Alfred