Author Topic: Damage and Loss  (Read 5933 times)

kristensmith

• View Profile
Damage and Loss
« on: April 17, 2020, 01:59:02 AM »
In the default list of components, I don't see any for beams, columns, or concrete filled metal deck. Are these components not meant to be on the total list of all structural or nonstructural components, or am I just missing the fragility data for them? Thanks!

adamzs

• View Profile
Re: Damage and Loss
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 08:03:43 PM »
The default list is limited to what is available in FEMA P58. There are many more components that would be great to have there, but it will take time and significant research effort to get to a point where we will have a complete list.

Although there is an ID for steel beams (B1032), no component data has been published under that ID yet.

Steel columns are assumed to experience damage or fail at their connections. There are several components for such connections (starting with B1031 and also look at B1035 for moment frame connections)

Concrete beams and columns are available under B1042, and B1041, respectively. Although, for columns, the damage is assumed to happen at the connections, similarly to the steel cases.

I'm afraid a concrete-filled metal deck component is not available. If you find a paper or data that allows you to define the corresponding damage model, I can help you prepare a fragility data file that you can use in PBE.