Author Topic: R2D crashing when Record Selection set to None  (Read 5237 times)

emongold

• View Profile
R2D crashing when Record Selection set to None
« on: April 05, 2022, 10:38:54 PM »
I do not need a time history output, however R2D crashes every time I set the dropdown menu to 'None'. I tried varying other inputs but that seems to be the one causing the crash.

steveg

• View Profile
Re: R2D crashing when Record Selection set to None
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 11:16:39 PM »
Hi Emily,

I can help you with that. Can you give me some more information on what your inputs are? I assume you are talking about the 'Earthquake Scenario Simulation' widget and the dropdown menu is Record Selection->Database? Can you take a screenshot of the inputs and attach it? That would help me reproduce the error.

Also, does it crash when you change the dropdown item? As soon as you press the Run Hazard Simulation Button? Or at some point during the hazard simulation calculation?

Best,
Steve

emongold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 11:34:12 PM »
Steve,
Here is a screenshot of inputs that worked- when I changed that dropdown that you mentioned to None, then hit Run Hazard Simulation, that is when the whole tool would crash. I have also included the input building locations file.

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 06:09:14 PM »
Hi Emily,

I suggest that you update R2D to the latest version and see if you still get the error. Let me know.

Best,
Steve

emongold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 05:18:22 PM »
Hi Steve,
I have had this error a few more times, and others are having the same error on theirs, which they have just downloaded over the weekend. The whole app crashes when clicking Run Hazard Simulation without any error message or files created as output. It is also doing it when the Record Selection is not set to None, so I am not sure what is triggering the crash. They also have java downloaded.
Thanks,
Emily

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 05:42:05 PM »
Hi Emily,

I found the issue. I will release a new version of R2D by the end of the week and let you know. Thanks for your patience and for helping out!

Best,
Steve

dickinsonron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 03:42:18 AM »
I do not need a time history output, however R2D crashes every time I set the dropdown menu to 'None'. I tried varying other inputs but that seems to be the one causing the crash.geometry dash

This has happened to me a couple more times, and it appears that others who got it over the weekend are also experiencing problems. There is no error message or output files generated when you click the Run Hazard Simulation button. Not sure what causes the crash, as it occurs even when Record Selection is not set to None. Java has also been downloaded on their end.