Author Topic: Hazard Simulation Fault Source  (Read 3303 times)

emongold

• View Profile
Hazard Simulation Fault Source
« on: April 27, 2022, 05:31:36 PM »
Hello,
When I run the hazard simulation (I am using the developer's version to run multiple scenarios at once, but I believe this applies regardless) I end up sometimes with 'Point2Vert_SS_FaultPoisSource' as the fault name. I am wondering if there is a way to exclude this from the scenarios so I end up with realistic distances to actual known faults in the area. Sometimes I do get Hayward, San Andreas, Calaveras, etc., but I would like specifically to exclude these point sources.
Thanks,
Emily

kuanshi

• View Profile
Re: Hazard Simulation Fault Source
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 05:48:22 PM »
Hi Emily,

Thank you for providing the feedback to us!  Yes, I can add an option for excluding point sources in the rupture forecast model.  In the meantime, as we're extending the toolbox involving the OpenSHA in R2D, wondering if it would be also useful to support using logic tree for a set of user-defined OpenSHA ruptures - if so the point-source filter can be also designed along with the logic tree feature - but the point-source filter itself would not be very difficult and I would work on that first and let you know soon after I have a testing version.

Thanks,
Kuanshi

emongold

• View Profile
Re: Hazard Simulation Fault Source
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 06:42:45 PM »
Kuanshi,
Thank you so much for this quick response! I have not used the OpenSHA logic tree at all but could look into shifting to that if it is preferable.
Thanks,
Emily