Author Topic: Dakota Error Debugging  (Read 4918 times)

morty

• View Profile
Dakota Error Debugging
« on: April 27, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »
Hi,

I am running into the following issue when running a PBE analysis. The error log mentions an undefined number of stories, even though they are defined in the general information panel. Any idea what is causing this error and how I can fix it?

File "[PATH]\PBE_Windows_Download\applications\performDL\pelicun\pelicunPBE\file_io.py", line 376, in read_SimCenter_DL_input

for l in process_loc(loc_, data['general']['stories']):

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

2022-04-27T20:18:45Z Damage and loss assessment finished successfully.
2022-04-27T20:18:45Z -----------------------------------------------------------
Loading Loss Results

No dakota.err file - dakota did not run - problem with dakota setup or the applicatins failed with inputs provided

Best,
Morty

adamzs

• View Profile
Re: Dakota Error Debugging
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 12:14:30 AM »
Hi Morty,

Thanks for posting this on the forum!

The stories information is missing from your input file for some reason. Would you mind sharing your input file here (you can save that file by File/Save in PBE)? I could take a look and get a better idea about what is going on.

Adam

morty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 12:57:07 AM »
Thank you for your reply, Adam.

I have attached the json input file below.

adamzs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 12:37:26 AM »
Hi Morty,

Thanks for sharing your input file. This is a strange error. I could run the analysis with your input without seeing any errors.

The stories are indeed well defined and - as you pointed out in our email conversation - the locations defined for the components could also be a problem, but I manually checked all of your locations and I do not see any error.

I have a few ideas on how to find the source of this problem. First, please look at the working directory (you can see where it is by going to Preferences in PBE and looking for the Local Jobs Directory. In there, you should see a pelicun_log.txt. That should provide us more information about what was happening during the assessment when it run into the error.

Please post that pelicun_log.txt and I'll take a look.

Thanks
Adam

ouyangc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 10:31:03 PM »
Adam,

I am now encountering this issue as well. Interestingly, I was able to get PBE to run and generate results initially for our 3 scenarios. But when I tried to run it again with a revised field (the replacement cost), I seem to now have this dakota.err problem too. Attached is my pelicun_log.txt

Best,

Chris

ouyangc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 10:37:51 PM »
Never mind - I realized that the issue for me was that the EDP file was somehow formatted incorrectly.

hthompson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 04:44:55 AM »
I just wanted to follow up on this error in case any other users experience this problem.
I did not get this error with the EDP file. I resolved the error by correcting my components file.

I hit this error when the components file story/locations definitions contained any of the following issues:
- N stories defined in the "GI" tab was less than the max story that I provided in my components .csv file (this was an issue in pelicun v2 but I believe it is corrected in v3)
- a story definition contained an invalid string
- the .csv file format converted a story range into a date (also corrected in pelicun v3, I believe) - for example, story definition 7-15 was saving as a date format, July 15th - fixed the issue by changing to "7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15" for simplicity

adamzs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 08:57:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing that info, Hannah!