Author Topic: Time-based Assessment in the Performance Based Engineering Application  (Read 3359 times)

nadinader

• View Profile
I am running a time based assessment using the jupyter notebook script and I am getting a curve that peaks at almost 1 which seems unreasonable. Also, all 3 of my scenarios are contributing the same amount according to the figure.

I was also wondering how I would take this output and find the expected value for the lifetime losses for a building.

Thank you

adamzs

• View Profile
Hi Nadi,

Thanks for posting this on the forum.

First, let's take a look at the input files you use for the notebook.

Make sure you have the scn1.csv, scn2.csv, and scn3.csv from the PBE calculations. The exceedance rates for each scenario shall be provided in the scenarios.csv file. You'll also need a local hazard curve and I suspect that this is where things might be going wrong. Do you have hazard curve information beyond the three points defined by the three scenarios?

Once we figure this out, we can move on to the calculation of expected lifetime losses.

Adam

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some context for those who do not take the CE227 course at Berkeley:
I've prepared a Jupyter notebook that can take results from multiple scenario assessments from PBE or pelicun, prepare a loss exceedance curve for each and combine them using occurrence rate information based on a local hazard curve. The notebook will probably be incorporated into pelicun3 and this feature will be demoed in a Live Expert Tip in the future. Until then, it is available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xs6pstNgYRLGz-xMqYofmzL1mdMzFnhR?usp=sharing.