Author Topic: DEDM-HRP wind event  (Read 5292 times)

ErikGuzman

• View Profile
DEDM-HRP wind event
« on: March 23, 2023, 05:28:33 AM »
Hello,

I am interested in using the DEDM-HRP option but I get 0 response in the results. First I thought I did something wrong and tried to recreate an example I found in the training workshop video. I used the example files on the GitHub website and obtained the same result. I would appreciate assistance in getting this option to work. I am using version 2.3.0 if that affects anything.

Thank you advance for your support.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DEDM-HRP wind event
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 03:50:36 PM »
Erik,

In your ~/Documents/WE-UQ folder there is a file "debug.log", in ~/Documents/WE-UQ/LocalWorkDir/tmp.SimCenter there is a file "log.txt", and in ~/Documents/WE-UQ/LocalWorkDir/tmp.SimCenter/templatedir a file "scInput.json". Can you post all three.

Also can you tell me what operating system you are on?

thanks
frank

ErikGuzman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 02:36:31 AM »
Dear Frank,

Find attached the files. I am on Windows 10.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you.
Erik

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 09:38:40 PM »
so the problem is related to getting the file back from the vortex-winds server. with 30 stories it is a large file ~500MB. I was able to download only half of it before i got the same error as you.  They usually do not return this when they run; it was an add on for us and so probably not a lot of attention was given to compression. I will send an email BUT I think we might have to go to get the pressure info from the TPU database directly (the files are only ~50MB) and compute the forces as they are doing.

mikasa23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 03:02:02 AM »
Hello,

I am interested in using the DEDM-HRP option but I get 0 response in the results. First I thought I did something wrong and tried to recreate an example I found in the training workshop video. I used the example files on the GitHub website and obtained the same result. I would appreciate assistance in getting this option to work. I am using version 2.3.0 if that affects anything.
build now gg
Thank you advance for your support.
In version 2.3.0, the DEDM-HRP option does not respond in the results, even with example files from the training workshop. To resolve this issue, you should verify the input data, and check the parameters used.

alexreynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 01:51:55 AM »
I also really enjoy reading this very good post. I don't get the chance to see something like this very often quordle

recapinjure

• View Profile
    • gorilla tag
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 06:38:50 AM »
Even with sample files from the training workshop, the DEDM-HRP option does not reply in the results in version 2.3.0. You should review the parameters used and validate the input data in order to fix this problem.
mario games