Author Topic: EDP keys  (Read 5394 times)

ioannis_vm

• View Profile
EDP keys
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:48:52 AM »
Hello!
I got a key error when I used a response.csv file containing peak floor velocities, labeled as PFV (e.g. 1-PFV-1-1).
In file_io.py, line 547, I see that the keys are different than those explained in the docs
https://nheri-simcenter.github.io/pelicun/common/user_manual/usage/pelicun/res_data.html.
Is there support for PFV, and what key should I specify?
Thank you

adamzs

• View Profile
Re: EDP keys
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 05:13:42 AM »
Hi Ioannis,

PFV should work and your label seems correct. It is not even a new feature, so I am surprised to see a bug there.

Which version of pelicun do you use? (You can check it in the __init__.py file, or by importing pelicun and running the pelicun.__version__ command in Python)

adamzs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 08:46:59 PM »
Hi Ioannis,

Did you manage the get PFV to work?

If not, I would appreciate it if you could share more information about the environment you use so that we can find the reason behind the error you experience and fix it.

Thank you

rezvan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 01:14:22 PM »
I was able to get PFV to work without any problem in Pelicun ver.3.
I only do not know what units are supported by the Pelicun module for PFV. I tried 'mps' which I guess stands for meter per second and it worked well.

However, in FEMA P-58 only some cabinets and bookcases are sensitive to velocity whose repair costs are not even defined in the FEMA database.
So I personally believe that unless the user does not have any special velocity-sensitive component, this EDP does not have any significant effect on the results.

Pooya Rezvan,

adamzs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 01:11:46 AM »
Hi Pooya,

Thank you for the feedback!

Let me provide some information on the available EDPs and units in pelicun. Both are quite easy to check in the base.py module of the library, here:

https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/pelicun/blob/master/pelicun/base.py

The list of supported EDPs is in the EDP_to_demand_type dictionary, currently at line 680.

The supported units are listed a bit earlier in the code, currently in lines 540 - 644. Internally, pelicun uses Standard Units. Each EDP has a particular unit type (e.g., acceleration, speed, length) associated with it. Any unit within the corresponding type is available and should work for an EDP. If you need a unit that is not already listed in base.py, you can simply add a new line with a conversion constant to an existing unit to make it available.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Adam

rezvan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 11:56:47 PM »
Hi Adam,

I appreciate your detailed and helpful response.

It is now completely clear how to add a new EDP to the mentioned list. I also wanted to suggest adding "Link rotation angle" to the list of EDPs in the next version.
In FEMA P-58, the damage of eccentrically braced frames is based on the link rotation angle as you previously defined in "fragility_DB_FEMA_P58_2nd.xls" file; however the EDP is not defined in base.py.

Thank you so much,

Pooya,

adamzs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 02:19:51 AM »
Hi Pooya,

Thanks for drawing my attention to this issue. I've added a few demand types so that everything listed in the fragility database is now supported by Pelicun. Specifically, I've added these new types:

* Peak Link Rotation Angle - LR
* Peak Link Beam Chord Rotation - LBR
* Peak Floor Displacement - PFD
* Peak Effective Drift Ratio - EDR

Let me know if there is any other demand type you would find useful to have in Pelicun.

Adam

adamzs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 02:24:16 AM »
I forgot to mention in my previous message that I've made a new release (v3.1.b7) to make these changes immediately available for you to use.