Author Topic: Error Using CFDBeginner and CFDExpert  (Read 3470 times)

Imad_Alhayik

• View Profile
Error Using CFDBeginner and CFDExpert
« on: June 30, 2022, 08:57:30 PM »
Hello,

I installed the software and I did the test run that was recommended. I did not have any issues. However, when it comes to running the analysis for the CFDBeginner and CFDExpert (the tutorial case), I got this message that says it is blocked then after a while the status will be failed. I am following the same recommendations in the recorded tutorial. I also tried the recommendation that has been given to other people on this forum but still the same issue for me. The files that I used for the error messages are attached to this topic. I can not have the output file for the error because the file is empty. Please take a look at it and let me know how may I fix my problem?

Thank you in advance for your time.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error Using CFDBeginner and CFDExpert
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 09:27:31 PM »
Hi,

Can you go to the designsafe portal and go to the workspace area: https://www.designsafe-ci.org/rw/workspace and under workspace select the Tools and Applications options. Now on the very right of that page is a very narrow column titled Job Status .. click on the Job Status text and the column open up to show all your jobs .. select the 'More Info' for one of these jobs and send a picture of the error message.

thanks
frank

Imad_Alhayik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 09:39:29 PM »
thank you, Frank, I attached the photo of the error. now I can see the error. it seems that I am missing the OpenFoam tool. I hope it should be easy to fix. Please let me know how to do it.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 07:15:29 PM »
from the main menu can you open the preferences and set the app to simcenter-openfoam-dakota-1.3.0u2 from simcenter-openfoam-dakota-1.3.0u1

thanks and sorry for the delay.

recapinjure

• View Profile
    • gorilla tag
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 06:41:41 AM »
You can access the options from the main menu and change the app's version to simcenter-openfoam-dakota-1.3.0u2 from simcenter-openfoam-dakota-1.3.0u1.
gorilla tag