Author Topic: Window/Door recognition  (Read 3208 times)

sejin09

• View Profile
Window/Door recognition
« on: November 13, 2022, 08:26:47 PM »
Hello,

I wonder if BRAILS program has a function or option for detecting window/door/garage door. I think there are only 8 attributes now available to choose (building height, chimney, rebuilt, garage, numstories, roofeaveheight, roofshape, roofpitch), but no window/door/garage door recognition.

I'd like to detect such components and identify their locations on each building surface. Could you let me know if it's achievable with BRAILS?

bacetiner

• View Profile
Re: Window/Door Segmentation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 08:27:38 PM »
Thank you for using the SimCenter forum. The number of attributes available through InventoryGenerator depends on the development status of the module for an attribute. The moment we are confident with the performance of a module for a specific attribute, it gets enabled in InventoryGenerator.

In the case of window and door detection, even though these attributes are not enabled with InventoryGenerator, our FacadeParser module can predict them. So the short answer is, yes, this is achievable with BRAILS.

I will follow up with an example of how to call FacadeParser soon. Stay tuned!

sejin09

• View Profile
Re: Window/Door recognition
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 07:10:37 PM »
Thanks. Could you provide some examples of using FacadeParser and ImageSegmenter?

Best regard,
Sejin Kim

bacetiner

• View Profile
Re: Window/Door recognition
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 05:40:15 PM »
Hi Sejin,

Thank you for your message. You can find a sample Jupyter notebook implementation of ImageSegmenter for facade segmentation at https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/BRAILS/blob/master/notebooks/BRAILS_FacadeSegmentation.ipynb.

The examples for FacadeParser are coming up soon.