Author Topic: RUN at DesignSafe  (Read 3363 times)

jia

• View Profile
RUN at DesignSafe
« on: February 10, 2023, 06:55:44 AM »
Hello!
In R2D, I used example 2 to test it. It worked fine locally, but when I ran at DesignSafe, an error message was displayed:

14:46:11 - WARNING - could not create R2Don login, using home dir instead
14:46:16 - Setup done. Now starting application.
14:46:20 - Contacting designsafe to create dir liubojia/tmp.SimCenter8cf16ded-31ba-43f6-822c-91a2b633f121
14:46:21 - No such file or directory

Could you tell me how to solve it? Thank you very much.
Best wishes to you!

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RUN at DesignSafe
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 07:59:51 AM »

what operating system are you working with? and what version of the tool?? also can you use the designsafe portal to log in, use data depot and see if you have an R2D folder in your home dir.

jia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 03:04:46 PM »
My operating system is Windows 10, R2D version is 2.1.0, and designSafe has nothing. I'm worried if it's because I don't have enough permissions.

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 06:44:28 PM »
I have just uploaded a new version 2.1.2 .. it should work .. the problem was that if the login button top right was not used before the run remote button was pressed no R2D folder was being created

jia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 03:23:52 AM »
Thank you, version 2.1.2 has been downloaded.
And yes, I logged in and then pressed the Run button, and the R2D folder was successfully created.
But when I run Example 2, it shows "Successfully obtained job status: FINISHED," but the results folder is empty and attached are some images that are displayed.
I then tried many other examples, most of the time without a result file. Only on one of these occasions did the result file appear when only two buildings were running.
This confused me and made me think that the results were random. Is this because of my Internet problem?

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 08:32:27 PM »
I just ran all the examples .. i upped the time on all to 30mins, except example 6 which needed 60mins to run. All, with the exception of E5 (the openseespy problem with which the version of openseespy installed on designsafe causes issues) run at designsafe with the increased minutes given.

Try Example 2 with a larger time allocation. If it fails go
1)  to the designsafe portal website & login
2) under workspace menu select Tool and applications.
3) It will bring up page with a vertical grey vertical bar with Job Status text at top of it on the right.
4) expand the vertical bar by clicking on the little arrow at the top. It will now show all your recently submitted jobs.
4) beside each is a little box "More Info' . Select it for one job, e.g. E2 you just ran.
5) That brings up a new dialog, with some options. Select 'View"
6) That should bring you to a folder in DataDepot where the files created by the running workflow are stored. Include the .err and .out files in an attachment (or read them yourself to see if you can discern the error).

NOTE: A job marked as "Stopped' probably was not given enough time to run.

PS. I have update the exe at the website, version 2.1.3 that defaults to 1 hour for all examples.