Author Topic: Height factor premiums  (Read 4116 times)

hthompson

• View Profile
Height factor premiums
« on: March 17, 2023, 11:39:05 PM »
Hi Simcenter team -

We'd be interested in implementing "height factor premium" values as suggested by FEMA P58 Vol 2, Table 2-1; ie. applying small cost adjustments/ premiums for repairs that occur on higher floors of the building.

We realize we can do this now by duplicating the fragilities and editing the costs manually, but would like to confirm: the current PBE interface doesn't offer a shortcut to input this kind of per-floor premium, right?

Thanks!

adamzs

• View Profile
Re: Height factor premiums
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 03:31:20 PM »
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for letting us know that you would appreciate such a feature in PBE. In order to maintain the generality of the framework, I would implement this as a location-specific repair cost adjustment factor. In a building, locations directly map to stories, so you'd be able to assign a factor for each story, or a range of stories as you see in the excerpt from the P58 documentation.

This seems straightforward to implement and I added it to my plans for the next minor release that is due in the end of April.

Adam

hthompson

• View Profile
Re: Height factor premiums
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 03:35:05 PM »
Thanks! The general frameworks sounds like a great approach for future flexibility. Much appreciated.