Author Topic: EQHazard: multiple scenarios  (Read 5520 times)

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
EQHazard: multiple scenarios
« on: May 28, 2020, 09:43:01 PM »
Thanks for addressing all the recent feature requests I have mentioned. I would like to revisit one from several years ago but which now has an immediate use case for a postdoc project here at Stanford.

Currently, EQHazard can only handle a single scenario for the mean and standard deviations at a site list. For my project, I ran it for 4 different scenarios and then compiled the results. However, it would be a huge improvement for it to run a user specified list of scenarios or all the ERF scenarios.

One difficulty is scaling the output format. I convert the output .json dictionary into .h5 files that are intended to support many intensity measures at many sites for many rupture scenarios. I would be happy to share the format with you, if helpful.

elhaddad

• View Profile
Re: EQHazard: multiple scenarios
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:50 PM »
We are developing a new API for regional analysis that allows you to directly interface to the Java code using python.
It is also possible to do that using other programming languages.
The benefit is that it gives you more control over the logic and the results, while avoiding using the command line interface and saving the intermediate results files.
It will allow you to run many sites and also as many scenarios as you want.
Currently, we only support UCERF3, other ERFs can be added easily.
If you are interested in this I can share a sample with you here.
We will also make the sample available in the next preview release.

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
Re: EQHazard: multiple scenarios
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 09:36:58 PM »
This is excellent. For consistency with the rest of my work, I would appreciate having UCERF2 as well.

If the sample will be released by September, no need to share it in advance. If not, I will request it when I am ready to use it.