Author Topic: Python 3.9  (Read 4511 times)

mlochhead

• View Profile
Python 3.9
« on: April 04, 2023, 09:04:04 PM »
Hi,

I am new to R2D and just installed it on my laptop (Mac with Intel processor). I am trying to download and run one of the examples built into R2D, but when I run locally, I see the following:

Python version 3.8 or 2.9 is required, you have Python version 3.9 installed.

I see that there was a very similar forum post on October 11, 2022 from UMD_RiskGroup. The answer to that forum post said that it may be because the examples have been updated but that the changes to R2D were being made in the few weeks after that post.

If I am having the same issue, is this still the case? And if so, should I just download an older version of Python to run the examples?

Thanks for your help!

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Python 3.9
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 09:44:52 PM »
i have just put up a pre release MAC version on the download page before end of today in the preRelease folder. this new version removes that requirement. for people who read this in the future, any version of R2D 3.0 and above will work with any version of python > 3 that the pip install nheri-simcenter works for. The version in preRelease is v3.0.0

mlochhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 09:18:17 PM »
Hi,

I downloaded the pre release MAC version and reran with my same version of Python (3.9.13) with the appropriate Python path in the R2D preferences. I tried Example 1 and Example 6, and am getting the following error in both cases:

There was an error in the python process backend, the exit code is 1.
Analysis finished with errors.

If you have any advice on how to address this,  that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 04:52:20 PM »
are you avail for a zoom call today? I am free anytime after 3 today and tomorrow anytime till noon. all times pacific.

mlochhead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 05:19:23 PM »
Would tomorrow (April 12) at 9am PST work?

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 06:36:07 PM »
i have sent a zoom invite to email on file .. let me know if you didn't get it .. will assume you did if there is no reply.