Author Topic: Error in DL calculation  (Read 2273 times)

Bofan

• View Profile
Error in DL calculation
« on: March 08, 2024, 07:12:44 PM »
Hi,

I use earthquake scenario simulation to obtain HAZ input. However, when I select Spectral Acceleration (SA) as the Intensity Measure in the earthquake scenario simulation and then run my program, the output indicates 'No result to import'. Upon checking the log file, I encountered the following error " f_unit = units[kind.split('_')[0]]
KeyError: 'SA(0.01)'", causing no DL files would be output. I am unsure how to resolve it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bofan

jyzhao

• View Profile
Re: Error in DL calculation
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 07:18:41 PM »
Hello Bofan,

This is a flaw of the software that the output format of the earthquake simulation tool is different from the input format of R2D HAZ panel. The earthquake simulation tool uses "SA(0.01)" to represent spectral acceleration at 0.01s, while the HAZ panel uses "SA_0.01" (See the input files of R2D example 14 at https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/R2DExamples/blob/master/E14BasicHAZUSTransportation/input_data/IMs/S_001_1000.csv for an example) to represent spectral acceleration at 0.01s.

To resolve this issue, please rename the columns in the output of the earthquake simulation tool so the R2D HAZ panel can read the files.

Thank you for catching this error and we will fix this in the future release. We apologize for the confusion.

Best,

Jinyan