Author Topic: Street level images are not being downloaded  (Read 3490 times)

sklepac

• View Profile
Street level images are not being downloaded
« on: February 06, 2024, 05:20:51 PM »
Good morning,

I just upgraded to BRAILS version 3.1.1 (from version 3.0) and the street-view images are not being saved when using the InventoryGenerator.generate function. This causes the inventory generator to fail on the Chimney and Garage detectors.

Satellite images are downloaded into the 'satellite' directory as expected. The 'street' and 'depthmap' directories are created, but they remain empty.

I am using the BRAILS backend in Python.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

bacetiner

• View Profile
Re: Street level images are not being downloaded
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 04:51:44 PM »
Thank you for catching this issue!

I was able to recreate this problem. I am working on a patch and will post a fix soon.

Please stay tuned!

bacetiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 11:09:06 PM »
Thank you for your patience! I just pushed a fix to the BRAILS backend that addresses this issue.

I plan to make a few other BRAILS improvements before the end of this week, so this fix may not make it to a minor release until early next week. If you would prefer not to wait until the minor release is out, please use the following syntax to update your BRAILS from the GitHub master: pip install git+https://github.com/NHERI-SimCenter/BRAILS

Once the minor release is out, you can use pip install BRAILS or pip install BRAILS -U as usual to install the latest fixes/improvements.

I hope this helps!

sklepac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 06:37:04 PM »
Thank you! I was able to run the inventory generator with most of the enabled attributes.

It seems to occasionally have issues with building height and/or roof pitch. I can install the new release when it is out and follow up if I am still experiencing issues.