Author Topic: PELICUN: FEMA P58 COMPONENTS  (Read 7364 times)

ikavvada

• View Profile
PELICUN: FEMA P58 COMPONENTS
« on: September 07, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »
I would like to ask two questions regarding pelicun and the FEMA P58 components.
1.   When running pelicun, I need to define the Fragility Data folder which is a folder containing json files, one json file for each building component. In the PBE examples folders, I have found such a Fragility Data Folder but it contains only 54 components and not the complete list of 764 FEMA P58 components. In the pelicun github page I have found a DL xml folder which contains the 764 components but in xml format and not in the standard json format needed for pelicun. Could you please tell me where I could find the json files for the complete list of components?
2.   When running pelicun, I would like to only need to define the quantities of structural building components. I would like to use the normative quantities from FEMA P58 for the non-structural components. Is this possible to do in the pelicun application? If yes, how could I do that?
Thank you!

adamzs

• View Profile
Re: PELICUN: FEMA P58 COMPONENTS
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 04:17:29 AM »
1. You don't have to specify the Fragility Data folder. If you do not provide any folder in that field, the default fragility functions from the second edition of FEMA P58 will be used. You can extract the fragility json files from pelicun's internal database using the "Export Default DB" button in the Components tab, right next to where you would specify the Fragility Data folder.

2. We do not have the automatic population of component quantities implemented yet. It is a feature on our list and we are planning to have it available next year. Until then, you can use the Excel files released with FEMA P58 to quickly calculate the quantities for non-structural components.

If you want to use normative quantities to automatically populate component quantities for various buildings in a regional simulation, you can create a python script that does that and pelicun will use it to prepare the damage and loss model for each building automatically. This is a new feature for version 3.0 of pelicun. The official release of v3.0 is later this year, but you can already start using this feature in the developer version. Let me know if you are interested.