Author Topic: EE-UQ with Steel Building Model - error: Dakota files not generated  (Read 5859 times)

omarissa

• View Profile
Greetings, all - I am trying to leverage the Steel Building Model (Auto-SDA) feature in EE-UQ, but am currently unable to complete the analysis - I'd appreciate any pointers/advice you have.

I have the latest version of EE-UQ installed on Windows, and previous analysis types (MDOF, OpenSees) have worked well in the past. On my end, I am able to run Auto-SDA on my PC (the Github Python version), if that makes a difference.

UQ: 2 samples

Steel building model: the default model is used.

EVT: 2 ground motions selected using the PEER-NGA West 2 database (ASCE 7-10 Design Spectrum with default parameters, Acceleration components set to SRSS).

FEM: No analysis script defined

EDP: Standard Earthquake

RV: None defined

All paths in preferences set to default.

Here is the error I encounter:
An error occurred in the Python script, the exit code is 1.

I've attached:
  • debug.log- the last line reads: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dakotaTab.out'
  • log.txt

While the templatedir folder is partially populated, the dakota.out files are not generated. I can pull some more information from my end if needed. I appreciate it!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:51:10 AM by omarissa »

kuanshi

• View Profile
Re: EE-UQ with Steel Building Model - error: Dakota files not generated
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »
Hi omarissa, this error could be caused by missing the Auto-SDA module and we've uploaded a new release of EE-UQ on DesignSafe which now should be able to resolve this issue (https://www.designsafe-ci.org/data/browser/public/designsafe.storage.community//SimCenter/Software/EE_UQ).  Also, please feel free to check out a new Auto-SDA example (https://github.com/kuanshi/EE-UQ/tree/master/Examples/eeuq-0004) and get us back if you have any questions or comments!

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 11:11:36 PM »
the log file has following message:
C:\SimCenter\EE-UQ\EE-UQ\applications\python\python.exe: can't open file 'C:/SimCenter/EE-UQ/EE-UQ/applications/createSAM/AutoSDA/main_program.py'

can you see if that file exists on your machine. If not, can you try downloading again the application and check for that file again.

thanks and sorry.

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 11:09:39 PM »
Hello. I am getting a similar error to what Omar had. I loaded the AutoSDA example in a recently downloaded version of EE-UQ. However, the analysis terminates after it can't find the dakota.in file.

Based on Frank's response, I checked whether the main_program.py file was available. The log refers to 'C:/SimCenter/EE-UQ/EE-UQ/applications/createSAM/AutoSDA/main_program.py', whereas my folders only have one level named EE-UQ. I tested whether adding the extra level would make a difference and I got the same issue.

kuanshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 01:10:50 AM »
Hi Anne,

From the log.txt it seems that the app does not find ground motion events, wondering if you could please try to select ground motion records in the EVT panel (please feel free to check out detailed steps here: https://nheri-simcenter.github.io/EE-UQ-Documentation/common/user_manual/examples/desktop/eeuq-0004/README.html).

And please feel free to get me back if you still have the same or any other issue!

Regards,
Kuanshi

Anne Hulsey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 10:34:47 PM »
Thanks, Kuanshi!

I misunderstood how loading examples works - I thought that it meant that I didn't have to do anything else before hitting "Run". It ran correctly once I followed your suggestion. Perhaps there could be a note about it in the log for loading the example. This is what it currently says:

* Loading example E4: AutoSDA and Nonlinear Response Analysis
* Loading Example file. Wait till Done Loading appears before progressing.
* Done loading. Click on the 'RUN' button to run an analysis.

The last line could be:
* Done loading. Click on the 'Select Ground Motions' button in the EVT panel, then the 'RUN' button to run an analysis.

While the example did successfully run once, every subsequent time I've tried it has resulted in a Not Responding message and needing for force close EE-UQ. I will keep troubleshooting and start a new thread if I am unable to figure it out.

Thanks,
Anne

kuanshi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 03:02:35 AM »
Following up the post, the issue were resolved together with Anne: the local "Not Response" error was caused by the convergence problem in OpenSees which held the thread and froze the RES tab, and it was addressed by increasing the tolerance in the nonlinear_analysis_solver.tcl.

Thanks to Anne, another related bug was also reported for running the AutoSDA via Design-Safe/Stampede. And we fixed a pandas package issue and several directory problems. Latest changes are incorporated and available for the use on the Stampede now.

Regards,
Kuanshi