Author Topic: Results in file  (Read 4054 times)

adindar

• View Profile
Results in file
« on: November 07, 2022, 05:46:56 AM »
Dear all,
I've noticed an issue when I'd like to see the quoFEM results not on RES tab but in the produced file. I've placed the screenshots in the attached file which is explained below.

A. Start quoFEM and select an example (Ex 1).
B. Run quoFEM
C. Look into BIM.json file and see that I found the lines from input.json.
D. If I re-run the quoFEM then BIM.json is changed.
E. The results are now in the end of BIM.json file for Ex 1.
F. Following Ex 1, if I select and run another example (Ex 2), BIM.json now contains input.json from Ex 2 but the summary part is still Ex 1.
G. re-run quoFEM for Ex 2 and then summary of BIM.json is now containing results of Ex 2.

If this is an issue, I may state that quoFEM is not dumping the results to BIM.json file once the analysis completed. I noticed this as an issue but perhaps someone may have an explanation.

The motivation of looking into BIM.json file is to access the quoFEM results not through the interface but the produced files. Is there any other file(s) where I may read the results rather than mingling with BIM.json file.

Looking forward prompt reply.

++Ahmet Anil Dindar

AakashBS

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Results in file
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 02:55:03 AM »
Hello Ahmet,

Thank you for the question and for sharing the file!

There is a way to read the results from file after the analysis has completed. For most of the UQ analyses, results are written to a file called 'dakotaTab.out' in the tmp.SimCenter directory (there are exceptions, for example, results of Reliability analysis using Dakota are at the end of the 'dakota.out' file, and the results from Bayesian calibration using Dakota are in the file called 'dakota_mcmc_tabular.dat'.)
The 'dakotaTab.out' file is a tab-separated plain text file. From the third column onwards, this file contains the sample values of the input RVs, and then the following columns contain the values of the EDPs corresponding to the inputs. There is a header row which indicates what the columns of data in this file correspond to. You can typically ignore the first two columns of data in this file.

The BIM.json file (from the latest release (version 3.2.0) onwards of quoFEM, this file is called AIM.json) is created when the analysis is started. This file is not updated at the end of the analysis, so this file does not contain the results from the current run.

adindar

• View Profile
Re: Results in file
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 03:31:15 AM »
Hi,
I appreciate your prompt reply.

Best regards.

++Ahmet