Author Topic: Run QuoFEM with OpenSeesSP  (Read 3986 times)

rsam1993

• View Profile
Run QuoFEM with OpenSeesSP
« on: August 17, 2023, 10:15:40 PM »
Dear all,

I am working on a large bridge model in OpenSees, and to conduct time-history analysis I use OpenSeesSP but with only one core (I cannot use more than one core due to some issues in OpenSees source which has not been addressed). However, since in OpenSeesSP, I can switch to the Mumps system the analysis is much faster than those performed with regular OpenSees.

Now I would like to know if there is any way to substitute the regular OpenSees in the QuoFEM directory with OpenSeesSP and do the forward propagation analysis with the QuoFEM user interface. I know the OpenSees executable file in the QuoFEM directory can be easily replaced by OpenSeesSP executable, but I do not know how can I change the commands to call OpenSeesSP and define the MPI executable and number of processors. (i.e. OpenSeesSP needs to be executed with the following command line: mpiexec -np numProcs? OpenSeesSP model.tcl )

I would be thankful if you can provide me with some details about how to apply this procedure if it is feasible.

Best regards,

fmk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Run QuoFEM with OpenSeesSP
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 08:29:14 PM »
if running locally .. you can (I believe) start OpenSeesSP w/o using the mpi command .. if this is the case replace the OpenSees exe that came with the app with OpenSeesSP and it will work fine.

rsam1993

• View Profile
Re: Run QuoFEM with OpenSeesSP
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 03:27:51 AM »
Thanks, Frank,

it worked with no issue. So as long as I want to use only one core since I do not need to use the mpi command this method does the trick.

Thank you so much,