Author Topic: Error in changing the number of #Images and seed  (Read 4114 times)

M.R

• View Profile
Error in changing the number of #Images and seed
« on: January 17, 2024, 01:53:09 PM »
Hello, I have a problem with running the Brails.
when I want to run the Brails for more than 10 buildings this error is shown.
 (There was an error in the python process python module, the exit code is 1 ),  #Images and seed should remain just equal to 10. The code is attached in a txt file. The Version of R2D is 3.1.2
Thank you
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:06:47 PM by M.R »

bacetiner

• View Profile
Re: Error in changing the number of #Images and seed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:15:36 PM »
Thank you for using the SimCenter Forum!

The issue with setting the random seed and number of buildings in the BRAILS widget was addressed in R2D version 4.0.0. This new version of the R2D is currently only available on GitHub, but the installation media should be out soon.

On another note, I am able to run this query using the BRAILS backend just okay. If you are familiar with Python programming, I may be able to help you get this inventory using the BRAILS backend. The backend has several additional options that, in some instances, allow for better inventory generation. For example, for your region, by changing the source of the footprints, I am able to get an inventory of 1695 buildings (instead of 119 buildings as obtained from OpenStreetMaps).

Please let me know how I can assist you better!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 09:04:35 AM by bacetiner »

M.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 08:21:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
I am not familiar with Python. I have downloaded the version 4.0.1 and the same error is shown. Maybe I am doing wrong. Could you please send me the Inventory CSV file of 1695 buildings that you got from Brails? I just need the file to simulate the Scenario for the earthquake.
Thanks

bacetiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 06:19:33 PM »
Here is the CSV file I get from BRAILS backend. It contains the building attributes required for performing earthquake damage and loss calculations for 1,569 buildings in the Mission Beach, CA area.

A few things to note about this inventory:
1) It omits 126 (1695-1569=126) buildings in Mission Beach for which street-level imagery could not be obtained.
2) The occupancy type column contains data imputed from the National Structure Inventory through BRAILS, as the current version of the software cannot obtain building occupancy classes at HAZUS-level granularity
3) This inventory contains a 13-floor hotel building. The simulation results for this building should be evaluated carefully, given that the HAZUS methodology may not be sufficiently detailed for this type of building.

I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 12:47:56 AM by bacetiner »

M.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 07:18:49 PM »
Many thanks for your support.

bacetiner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 08:04:52 PM »
Absolutely, happy to help.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you again for using SimCenter Forum!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:51:53 AM by bacetiner »