Author Topic: REDi Implementation  (Read 5152 times)

kevinj

• View Profile
REDi Implementation
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »
Hi,

I found a NHERI report that there are plans to implement Arup's REDi downtime estimation. I was wondering what the timeline is for this and if there is any way I can contribute to this specific project. I am working on the seismic resilience of critical spatially-distributed building portfolio in the Philippines. I used in-house software of an engineering firm in Canada, however I am hoping to use the SimCenter toolkit to develop an open-source framework that can be used in the Philippines and other developing nations.

Thanks!

adamzs

• View Profile
Re: REDi Implementation
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 06:32:33 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunately, Arup's REDi framework is proprietary and it is not as straightforward to make it available in open-source software as we were hoping earlier. We are working with ARUP on a solution, but I am not sure when and if we will find one. In the meantime, there are several researchers in the community developing other approaches to downtime estimation. Those will be publicly available and we plan to incorporate them into the PELICUN framework as soon as they are ready.

As for your contribution, please send me an e-mail (adamzs@stanford.edu) so that we can start a discussion on the features you are looking for and could perhaps add to our tools.

Thanks you!